Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future—between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?




I'm not fond of zombie books. I´ve only read one zombie book in my life (not including this one), and I liked it, but not one of my favorites. But this book was...wow. I mean I really didn't know what to expect out of it. When I got to the bookstore I didn't know whether to buy it or not, then I thought "Why not!" And I started reading it right away. I devoured it. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. What I liked about it was that it moved real fast, cause I hate it when a book's slow and it takes an hour for something interesting to happen. I loved, loved, LOVED IT! The story was believeble, I know it sounds weird since it's a fiction novel, but it was. Mary was completely believable, the way she behaves, what leads her to doing what she does (not going to say anything specific I am against spoilers). What really called me about this book it's that it's a dark novel. It's not rainbows and sunshine, it's dark, and I loved it. Once I opened the book, it was a virus that invaded my mind. When I wasn't reading it, I was looking forward to reading it. When it was time to go to bed, I thought about it over and over again. And once I was done with it, I wanted to read it again. A huge thumbs up for this book, I highly reccommend it. 



How many stars?
5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment